Wednesday 30 May 2012


Animation Proposal

When we first started the animation project, I had a totally different idea in mind. I originally wanted to do the fact, “Did you know cows give more milk when they listen to music?”

But since somebody else was doing that, I changed my idea to, “Did you know your teeth are harder than rocks?”

The biggest difference in my animation from my original storyboard is the lack of my character. I originally wanted a character like a prisoner to appear breaking rocks and then attempt to break the teeth, but I felt my animation went fine without him. Not just that, but it would also be very time-consuming trying to get him onto the animation.

Some shots were also missing from the animation that was in my original storyboard. One particular shot is the hammer slipping from my character’s hands, and hitting somebody else in the background on the head. In one shot, I also planned to have the screen crack.

My ending is also very different. Originally, my character finally cracked the teeth, but the iron on the sledgehammer comes off and eventually falls and hits the character on the head. Working around it, I eventually decided to just have an explosion to get rid of the hammer and teeth. I did this because it would be less time-consuming because the animation is a maximum of 30 seconds.

I felt I worked around my animation well and did a good job to come up with something that was different to my original plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment